OFF Dio/MH

Brian Halligan blackblade at BHALLIGAN.COM
Tue Aug 19 08:28:01 EDT 2003

jasret at MINDSPRING.COM writes:

> 'Heaven and Hell' for the first time in ages last weekend,
> and was struck with two thoughts:
>
> 1) The music is sooooo much better than the last two Ozzy-era Sabbath
> albums.
> 2) The lyrics are sooooooo completely ridiculous!

I wonder why Geezer Butler let Dio (or Gillan) write any lyrics. Was it
Tony's decision as "leader" of Sabbath? Or would Ronnie's ego not let him
sing for a band without being its lyricist as well?

I wish Ian Gillan had stuck it out with Black Sabbath for a few more albums.
With the lessons learned from Born Again, it would have been interesting to
see where they could've taken the music.

Brian