OFF Dio/MH

RMayo19761 at AOL.COM RMayo19761 at AOL.COM
Tue Aug 19 10:49:37 EDT 2003

In a message dated 8/19/2003 8:28:36 AM Eastern Standard Time,
blackblade at BHALLIGAN.COM writes:

> I wonder why Geezer Butler let Dio (or Gillan) write any lyrics. Was it
> Tony's decision as "leader" of Sabbath? Or would Ronnie's ego not let him
> sing for a band without being its lyricist as well?
>
> I wish Ian Gillan had stuck it out with Black Sabbath for a few more albums.
> With the lessons learned from Born Again, it would have been interesting to
> see where they could've taken the music.

it was part of dio's agrrement with the band. yeeeesh....
gillan's time in sabbath was 'interesting'; i think you're right, the next lp
probably would have been killer, had he really committed but he was only
'killing time' before blackmore wound up rainbow so they could pull purple mkII
back together. gillan describes his decision to join sabbath in his book as a
'favor to tony'.
bobm