(a little) HW: Lemmy vs. Ronnie

Henderson Keith keith.henderson at PSI.CH
Thu Aug 21 12:31:00 EDT 2003

Hey all...

>Motorhead To Be Inducted Into The Rock Walk Of Fame!
>
>Motorhead is being inducted into the Hollywood Rock
>Walk of Fame on September 1st at 2pm. The Rock Walk
>is located at 7425 Sunset Blvd in Hollywood, CA.

http://rockwalk.com/HomePage.shtml

Ronnie can only claim that he belongs as part of Black
Sabbath (the picture of which on the Rock Walk site of
course featuring the original lineup with Ozzy, and fails
to mention Ronnie or anybody else apart from mentioning
"many personnel changes" since).

Oddly, Deep Purple (like the really stupid one in Cleveland)
is also not included, though 'the Man in Black(more)' is there
by himself.  Or maybe they only inducted his ego?  Or wig?
Or perhaps they saved walk space by sorta inducting Deep Purple &
Rainbow simultaneously by actually inducting neither.  'Cause
they've been stupidly wasting it elsewhere by inducting not only
Van Halen, but both brothers individually as well (why?!).  (But
not Diamond Dave I'm happy to see.)  :)  And then they induct
two members of Cream (giving it the only other Hawkwind member
to be found), leaving out the most famous one and also the band
itself?  Page and Bonham but no Plant (or Jones), and no Zeppelin.
And Lou Reed, but no VU (the only thing the Cleveland one got
right).  Keith Moon, nothing else from the Who.  This thing is
totally arbitrary!  Maybe they only do it when various people
are available to show up & 'accept.'  So whoever they see walking
down the street one day and can pull aside, they induct.  "Hey,
there goes Gary Brooker!  Yeah, why not?...Whiter Shade of Pale
still gets radio play."  (BTW, I'll probably check them out here
in Zuerich in December...anybody hear the new album?  Any good?)

(Scratch that...the Rock Walk seems to have started in 1985...
Keith Moon was hardly available to accept anything, not even another
drink.)

>MOTORHEAD TO ISSUE FIVE-CD, 99-SONG BOX SET 'STONE DEAF
>FOREVER!' ON METAL-IS/SANCTUARY ON OCTOBER 7, 2003

Awright, who's going to buy this thing just for the
'never-before-released so-called-bootleg-version' of
"Silver Machine"???

Grakkl (FAA), who admits to seeing Dio on the Holy Diver tour of c.
1983 and even 'pre-MTV and pre-shoe-wielding-madwoman' Whitesnake
(both the Moody/Marsden lineup in '80 and the Galley/Powell lineup
in c. '83)...the former also featuring a pre-Bruce totally-unknown
(to me) Iron Maiden...and Judas Priest as headliner.  Rob is *really*
back in Priest?  Hey Rupert!  Here's a new reality show idea for ya':
"Queer Eye for the Skinhead."

P.S.  Ripper has 'parted amicably' it says.  Hmmmm...not such an
interesting plotline for the 'Rockstar' sequel.

P.P.S.  Thank goodness Motley Crue is part of the Rock Walk...I
wonder what bodypart Tommy Lee used to make his imprint?