>>> keith.henderson at PSI.CH 08/21/03 12:31PM >>>

Ted Jackson Tjackson at SYR.EDU
Thu Aug 21 14:36:58 EDT 2003

>>> keith.henderson at PSI.CH 08/21/03 12:31PM >>>
Hey all...

Ronnie can only claim that he belongs as part of Black
Sabbath (the picture of which on the Rock Walk site of
course featuring the original lineup with Ozzy, and fails
to mention Ronnie or anybody else apart from mentioning
"many personnel changes" since).

Well, maybe they just couldn't see Ronnie way down there?  He'd be a great
addition to BÖC if EB took a Sabbatical!

Oddly, Deep Purple (like the really stupid one in Cleveland)
is also not included, though 'the Man in Black(more)' is there
by himself.  Or maybe they only inducted his ego?  Or wig?

You'd need a pretty big hall for either one...

Or perhaps they saved walk space by sorta inducting Deep Purple &
Rainbow simultaneously by actually inducting neither.  'Cause
they've been stupidly wasting it elsewhere by inducting not only
Van Halen, but both brothers individually as well (why?!).  (But
not Diamond Dave I'm happy to see.)  :)  And then they induct
two members of Cream (giving it the only other Hawkwind member
to be found), leaving out the most famous one and also the band
itself?  Page and Bonham but no Plant (or Jones), and no Zeppelin.
And Lou Reed, but no VU (the only thing the Cleveland one got
right).  Keith Moon, nothing else from the Who.  This thing is
totally arbitrary!  Maybe they only do it when various people
are available to show up & 'accept.'  So whoever they see walking
down the street one day and can pull aside, they induct.  "Hey,
there goes Gary Brooker!  Yeah, why not?...Whiter Shade of Pale
still gets radio play."  (BTW, I'll probably check them out here
in Zuerich in December...anybody hear the new album?  Any good?)

Not so much arbitraty, as who will pay for the star.  The 'artists'
have to pay for that shit themselves if they want a star!  I bet
Jimmy Page doesn't have one, as Led Wallet doesn't pay for
anything!

theo