Off: Dio

Brian Halligan blackblade at BHALLIGAN.COM
Fri Aug 22 10:36:46 EDT 2003

Theo wrote:

> Tyr is okay.  Worthwhile just so you can hear Cozy Powell one last time.
> Anything
> Iommi plays on will always have interest for me...

I really enjoy Tyr and I think Tony Martin has an excellent voice. It
doesn't sound like Black Sabbath to me--these '80s records were really Iommi
solo albums after all--but I dig it's layered, atmospheric metal anyway. I
guess I'm just a sucker for songs about Norse mythology and Ivan the
Terrible. ;-)

As far as Dio goes, he gets credit for 1.5 good Sabbath albums. H&H and a
few tracks on Mob Rules. The only song I can still remember from Dehuminizer
is TV Crime. That and the title, Letters From Earth, which at least shows
Ronnie's read his Twain.

Brian