Sorry, OFF: Dio

Henderson Keith keith.henderson at PSI.CH
Sun Aug 24 10:21:06 EDT 2003

Sorry list, but...

D-Rider responds most curiously...

>and as far as the "queer" remarks about Halford
>a) he has more talent in his shoe than Gillan or Dio
>b) at 52 years old - he STILL has a better voice than both of them combined
>c) an intelligent man would NEVER have the guts to make such (homophobic)
>    remarks to his face
>
>a (narrow) mind is a terrible thing to taste

Now, it takes quite a bit to get me annoyed, but you've
managed to do it.  'Cause this is not the first time you've
taken the liberty of extrapolating beyond the simple written
word to insinuate some sort of ulterior motive or objective.

On the other hand, it seems blatantly clear that you are
labelling me as homophobic (and 'narrow-minded' at the same
time) based (I can only assume) solely on the following statement
of mine:

>Rob is *really* back in Priest?  Hey Rupert!  Here's a new
>reality show idea for ya': "Queer Eye for the Skinhead."

which: No. 1, should be obvious that it was intended as a
joke, making fun not of Rob Halford *anyway*, but rather
Rupert Murdoch and his never-ending pursuit of sensationalist
programming.

And No. 2...insinuating that Rob Halford is 'queer' makes one
obviously homophobic *how*?  I mean, he *is* gay, no?  ("Not that
there's anything wrong with that," as Jerry S. would say.)  OK,
maybe you think that 'queer' suggests that one wishes to ridicule
that sort of lifestyle.  But you see, the TV show is *called*
"Queer Eye..." right?  What, you think *I'm* the one responsible
for naming it so?  Gimme a break.  If I *hadn't* said *Queer* Eye,
then nobody would have known what the hell I was referring to.
Those (others) in Europe probably still don't know (or care really).

Do us all a favor, and really stop thinking too much about what
people write in their postings/emails.  It's a very 'cold' style
of communication, if you know what I mean.  Sometimes people really
just are saying what they're saying, and not what *you* think
they're saying.  You don't (really) know us, don't pretend like you
do.

That's all, sorry for wasting everybody's time...

Grakkl (FAA)

P.S.  I should have known to expect illogic based on that given in
points a. and b. above.  :)

P.P.S.  What two voices would anyone like to hear combined?
I suggest Gilbert Gottfried and Fran Drescher...I'm convinced
that if they talked at the same time, their voices would
deconstructively interfere and we'd all hear nothing.  At least
I would hope this would be true.  :)