Dio

Colin J Allen colin at CALLEN18.FREESERVE.CO.UK
Sun Aug 24 18:25:45 EDT 2003

A couple of points in response to this:

1. Darrin writes:  "I am just sayin -  give DIO his do!
none of those who bash him
could hit the notes that he does
none of you have been on the stage w/ Iommi, Cozy or Blackmore
nothing even remotely close
arms all worn in your chairs....."

Apart from commenting on the rather bizarre grammar, I would question the
logic of this argument; do you imply that one can only criticise an artist
if one has performed at the same level as that artist?  This is such obvious
nonsense; even someone who can neither sing nor play an instrument can
discern the relative merits of different artists.  For what it is worth, I
feel that Ronnie is a decent vocalist who usually manages to write and
perform the most dreadful material, which damages his reputation immensely.

2. Darrin writes: "c) an intelligent man would NEVER have the guts to make
such (homophobic) remarks to his face"

I can find nothing homophobic in the original remarks; this seems like a
ridiculous, if unfortunately typical, case of misrepresentation and
over-reaction.  I am also intrigued by the connection between intelligence
and "guts"; is there some previously undiscovered correlation between
intelligence and courage?

Colin

Please note that this electronic mail system is not intended to form any
legal contract or binding agreement. This is for information purposes only.
Please also note that this message should not be interpreted as any form of
valid information. You use the information contained in this message at your
own risk.