OFF: Free speech entended at US University!

Paul Mather paul at GROMIT.DLIB.VT.EDU
Thu Dec 11 09:06:06 EST 2003

On Thu, Dec 11, 2003 at 01:45:06PM +0000, M Holmes wrote:

=> That University previously mentioned now has no fewer than six places
=> where you can speak freely:
=>
=> http://www.thefire.org/pr.php?doc=texas_tech_120903.html

Are these like the free speech areas into which President Bush corrals
protesters during his campaign and official visits?  (Areas that are
so far away from where he is appearing or passing by that they are
literally out of his sight.  They are also areas into which pro-Bush
supporters are not required to be confined.)

I wonder if someone will file a lawsuit complaining of overcrowding in
these campus free speech areas.  I would imagine such overcrowding
would cause a lot of pain and suffering and undue emotional distress.

Cheers,

Paul.

e-mail: paul at gromit.dlib.vt.edu

        --- Frank Vincent Zappa