Stacia

David Howard maxgate at CLEAR.NET.NZ
Sun Dec 14 02:34:59 EST 2003

At the turn of the millennium I was working with a television producer who was pursuing that tired idea: whatever happened to X....

Now the reptilian Nik Turner has answered that question by assembling many former members of the one and only, but there's a glaring (and gender-related) exclusion: Stacia.

Given that she was 19 in 1973, she must be hovering on 50 now. No, I don't want to watch her imitating Isadora Duncan (these days a glimpse of Nik or Harvey is troubling enough) but I do, idly, wonder what has become of her.

Is a rotund double-chinned Stacia happily married to an accountant in Milton Keynes; or teaching aerobics to Newcastle LaLeche League members; or playing the crazy aunt all families have and hold at bay?

Perhaps she has shacked up with Syd Barrett and is blissfully gyrating to a single shrill and infinitely repeated chord in the backroom of a council house in Never-Never Land?

David Howard