BOC: obscure reference

Chuck Rosenberg Chuckrecs at AOL.COM
Mon Dec 15 17:24:53 EST 2003

I was reading the Harvey Pekar comics the other day ("American Splendor"). I believe it was the last or second to last "strip" of Part 1 (roughly halfway through the book), at the end of the strip entitled "Grubstreet", a grubby Cleveland city street is shown, some graffiti, amongst which the names scribbled on a wall are "The Godz" and "B.O.C." - next to said name though was also the BOC symbol (what do we call that again??). the hook-cross and the dot...whatever... don't recall who the artist on that partic. strip was, maybe R. Crumb.

Chuck