OFF: Bun sales banned at Universities after violence erupts

M Holmes fofp at HOLYROOD.ED.AC.UK
Tue Dec 16 11:35:47 EST 2003

Paul Mather writes:

> On Tue, Dec 16, 2003 at 01:17:25PM +0000, M Holmes wrote:
>
> => Campus cookies canned as critics create crisis:
> =>
> => http://www.thefire.org/pr.php?doc=bake_sale_121103.html
>
> Were legacy admissions and "student athletes" given free cookies?

It'd be better if the athletes got them as prizes on Games Day and the
legacy students had to have their parents buy them cookies.

I gather Bureaucrash tried a similar stunt with cold drinks at the
sundry Global Whining events: they had "Fair Trade" prices and "Free
Trade" prices. I'd have added "Rigged Trade" prices too, but maybe
that's just me.

FoFP