ASTORIA

Maxine Wesley maxine.wesley at PORT.AC.UK
Tue Dec 23 05:24:54 EST 2003

> Can you believe this, in the 21st Century there are no scheduled
> trains = from Cornwall on the last Sunday before Christmas? Makes you
> wonder why = we ever got mixed up with the English in the first place.
> So, its a = drive to Exeter and then train to London.=20

Bugger, we got this messsage to late to muster the 'English' troups at the
border, blast!!

> Boy was Davey giving it some on the bass!

He was a tad 'animated' wasn't he!!

> Huw's bit came mid show and would have been better as an opener, I =
> thought but: Marvellous to see Huw in such good form, played really
> well [snip]
>Nice to see Dave sat on stage
> listening to some of = Huw's stuff - showed a bit of support, I
> thought.=20

I couldn't figure out why he was playing solo, the songs were HW - guess it
was because he just playing 'snippets'. As you say tho' Ian - on really great
form.

> Amused to see Dave singing Spirit of the Age

By this time I had meandered up onto the balcony and I think my optician
might be right - a pair of glasses might be on the cards for the next year..
>From up in the clouds the whole band looked like small furry balls... but
sound wise I was, as ever, in heaven.

>  cool (a few clips of the Reefer Madness film in
> there?) and would have = been really effective with the big screen to
> show them on.

You should have gone to the Hawfest, although all that way north is an awfull
anount of 'england' to travel through & survive ;-)  !!

regards

Maxine