BRAIN:no electic slide at this barn dance

Bolts of Ungodly Vision js3619 at ACMENET.NET
Tue Dec 23 19:27:19 EST 2003

First off, thanks Bri for the Xmas pres. just got it today.

Started "in the beginning..."
Wow, I felt old alluvasuddin; back to the days
where everyone's hair was flagrantly in violation
of any military barbering requirement with
Billy,Pete and co.  Kudos on having footage
of the grat and mightly piglip which graces the cover
of Pete's sole solo CD.  Most suprising and welcome
were "Kiss TOmorrow Goodbye" (what was that TV show?),
Albert's cornrows, David's beard, the 5 guitars,
Sally(!), and the stately and joyous closing music
recalling the Christmas of our lives.
The stills include guest "shots" of Mike Watt,
Richard Meltzer (right?), and some excellent
snaps of the exhaustion and fun of being on the road.
The interview is funny because of Albert n' Deb in their
Eponymous backphoto jackets. Blast of the past indeed!

Part 2 is the brain surgeons now.
A classic version of Godzilla for including a minor
and for those who haven't hear them yet, it provides a
ery different take on sounds you're used to from
the studio. Good stuff!

Also, props to BOC-l'er jean lansford for her camera duties.

The Travelogue is cool -- a peak behind what happens
when a band is on tour, with a very informative waitress.

This is definitely for those who are hardcore Brain
Surgeon fans because it rocks out and reminds y'all
what a rare thing it is for work to be play.

All that aside, thisi s a great DVD, for me me at least,
because it quite honestly  made me nostalgic
for a run through of all the ole' albums again and it astonished
me how much has changed for Albert, Deborah and Dave since
they set off as the Brain Surgeons.
To put it one way, this collection proves
how a life without music would be a mistake.

Thanks to everynioe involved in rocking and rolling (here and beyond)
Jason