HW: Astoria Gig

M Holmes fofp at HOLYROOD.ED.AC.UK
Wed Dec 24 10:48:11 EST 2003

Iain Ferguson writes:

> how were the Astoria Police as pleasant as ever ?

When we went in, they were refusing entry to some guy because they
thought "he looked too drunk".

Certainly I can see that they probably don't get too many drunk people
there when they're charging L3.30 for a measly can of Worthingtons.

[Gambit here for Paul to lecture me on free markets...]

Afterwards, when we were trying to get the tickets for the party
afterwards from "someone from Voiceprint", they threw us out. Luckily a
drunken alter-ego's silver-tongued brogue got us all in anyway. I really
dunno how that guy does it.

FoFP