OFF: Other Bands - Guilty pleasures

Eric Siegerman erics at TELEPRES.COM
Sat Feb 1 00:00:08 EST 2003

On Tue, Jan 21, 2003 at 07:18:32PM -0500, DRider wrote:
> I never liked the Buggles. I hated the Video Killed The Radio Star song

I liked that -- but only until I heard the version by Bruce
Woolley and the Camera Club.  A much, much better take on it than
the Buggles' -- a total new-wave period piece.  Thomas Dolby
played keyboards, as I just now found out...

You can't really call either version a cover; the song was
written by Woolley, Horn, and Downs, and both versions came out
in 1979.

|-_|/  >   Eric Siegerman, Toronto, Ont.        erics at telepres.com
|  |  /
A distributed system is one on which I cannot get any work done,
because a machine I have never heard of has crashed.
        - Leslie Lamport