NIK: Nikwind report

Wright, Mike wrightm at BRE.CO.UK
Mon Feb 3 07:17:25 EST 2003

Hi all,

I forgot to mention that I went to see Spaceritual.net in Northampton about
a fortnight ago, and they were sort of OK. I could recognise the tunes, even
if there were people not of HW present. Sounds like the same set list, with
a new one from Thomas Crimble playing acoustic guitar (mainly on guitar,
with Dave A on bass) called right on, or something (not a pink fairies
tune). The others were someone on keyboards, Sam on drums also doing samples
from LPs (sound effects from the 70s), Jackie Windmill on a large percussion
drum slung between her legs (from the title of the photo at
http://www.locallife.co.uk/xhawkwind/hebden/terryandwife.jpg it appears she
is married to Terry Ollis), there was the chap who does backing vocals
(badly) and loons about, who may be called Alice Rhubarb and looks like
http://www.locallife.co.uk/xhawkwind/truckers/mf7.jpg, and a young hewitt.
This is added to Nik, Del, Dave A, Thomas C, Mick Slattery and Terry Ollis.
Good in parts, not worth travelling hugely far to, but good entertainment, I
reckon.

Mike w

-----Original Message-----
From: Jez Dacombe [mailto:Jeremy at DACOMBE.FSNET.CO.UK]
Sent: 31 January 2003 19:50
To: BOC-L at LISTSERV.SPC.EDU
Subject: HW: NIK: Nikwind report

Hi,
Saw Nik and his merry band of warriors at Bilston last night. Main reason
for going was to see the members from decades past (Slattery, Crimble,
Anderson, Ollis & Dettmar). Wasn't expecting much musically, but generally
exceeded expectations. Streets ahead of last time I saw Nik, Huw, Ollis &
Crimble at Welsh festival (Ystalefera) ... ie You could tell which songs
they were playing! Stuff of interest included Born To Go, D-Rider, Children
Of The Sun, Master, Orgone, Silver Machine, Brainstorm, Ejection and no
doubt a couple I've forgotten. Nik welcomed tapers, camcorders & photos, but
asked for copies (seems reasonable). Del was on "axe", pretty much full time
which was a marvel to witness. Terry not changed one iota from 70/71,
instantly recognisable - the 2nd drummer was his son, Sam. Enjoyed it, good
fun gig, catch 'em whilst you can. 3 others on stage as well, taking total
up to 10, although later on they were also joined by some young guy on
guitar (Hewitt?). Spiky outfits a-plenty! Jez

Privileged and confidential information and/or copyright material may be
contained in this e-mail.  The information and material is intended for the
use of the intended addressee only.  If you are not the intended addressee
you may not copy or deliver it to anyone else or use it in any unauthorised
manner. To do so is prohibited and may be unlawful.  If you receive this
e-mail by mistake, please advise the sender immediately by return e-mail and
destroy all copies. Thank you.