some, OFF: much

M Holmes fofp at HOLYROOD.ED.AC.UK
Wed Feb 12 08:27:18 EST 2003

Henderson Keith writes:

> P.S.  NB: If you never hear from me again, I've died in a terrible ski
> accident in the Alps...not the best (ie., safest) place to experience
> your first ever attempt at downhill (or *any* form of) skiing, but
> what else to do?

Well OK, Colorado has better skiing, but many places in the Alps are good
placs to ski and to start skiing and no more unsafe than most ski
resorts.

My first resort was Chamonix and I enjoyd Les Houches and Le Tour,
though I found the mogul fields at Argentiere a bit daunting ;-)

Just back from Torgon/Chatel/Morgins/Champoussin/Plaine Dranse and
conditions are the best I've ever seen them: deep snow down to the
resorts plus no wind and blue skies.

FoFP