OFF: University of Errors last night

nickmedford at HOTMAIL.COM nickmedford at HOTMAIL.COM
Fri Feb 14 18:26:56 EST 2003

A couple of points I failed to address:

On Fri, 14 Feb 2003 14:16:03 +0100, Henderson Keith
<keith.henderson at PSI.CH> wrote:

>> The drummer (whose name I didn't catch) was similarly
>> uninhibited
>
>If it was a really young-looking (American) guy, that would
>be Jason Mills,

No it turns out it was someone called Warren Heugel, who also looked quite
young to me, and was probably American too.

>Um...what's "gurned"?  Another Britslang term, or a typo?

Gurning is the noble art of face contortion. See:

http://www.quinion.com/words/weirdwords/ww-gur1.htm

The word has gained currency with the rise of the rave scene, as trance-
dancing folk are often seen to gurn wildly in their abandon, particularly
when Ecstasy is involved.

Nick