OFF: Simple Minds/Legendary Pink Dots

Amphetamine Embalmer superskrull666 at YAHOO.CO.UK
Sat Feb 15 13:25:51 EST 2003

boc-l,
I just got the "Real to Real Cacophony" collection by
Simple Minds in the cheap bin and it's great. I swear
early Simple Minds was Legendary Pink Dots in
disguise. Anyone care to recommend any albums.
Favorite tracks are "Naked Eye", "Carnival (Shelter In
A Suitcase)" and "Calling Your Name".

Not only that, but the SM track "Premonition" could be
the LPD track "Premonition 13" and "Film Theme" could
be "Film Of The Book" if you were to compare title and
New Wave atmospherics.

Anyway, I wonder what albums the tracks on "RtRC" were
taken from. They are all dated 1982 and all produced
by John Leckie (ov Stone Roses fame)

(Plus Jim Kerr and Edward Ka-Spel are lookalikes.
However, I always started confusing Simply Red with
Simple Minds on MTV when "Alive And Kicking" was a big
hit because I hated it and hated Simply Red. But
everything before that was okay. The "Breakfast Club"
thing was the last good single they had. What was it
called again? Sexeee.... :)

regards,
Christian
(A Crap Goth)