OFF: "Starman"

Amphetamine Embalmer superskrull666 at YAHOO.CO.UK
Sat Feb 15 13:32:01 EST 2003

Just got the latest issue of "Uncut", which is a David
Bowie special. Great "Starman" covers CD included has
Blondie doing a soaring and sexy version of "Heroes",
with Robert Fripp on guitar, and Christian Death doing
"Panic In Detroit" and several other bands doing Bowie
covers as well. The Duran Duran version of "Fame" is
pretty nostalgic, I remember it pretty well, the sound
is just so nostalgic, that strangely artificial 1981
studio sound reminding me of my childhood and early
teens as a Duran Duran fan. The Sigue Sigue Sputnik
track is "Rebel Rebel"... and of course Christian
Death do a great "Panic In Detroit". Get it, it's
recommended.

Chr.
(A Crap Goth)