HW: Sabbaticals

Steve Bayley steve.bayley at HERTSCC.GOV.UK
Mon Feb 17 08:26:05 EST 2003

In his reply to the sabbaticals question Nick Medford wrote;
<< snip >>
"Who the hell is Ron Tree??"
<< snip >>

As one who fell from grace (1990 to 2001 - see below)
I'd like to know "Who the hell is Ron Tree??" actually...

I went to my first HW show at St Albans City Hall in 1981, having been a
fan for some years before.
I accumulated a fairly hefty collection (singles especially) over the next
10 years or so and caught about 30 more gigs before I 'droped-out'.

My gap was between 1990 & 2001, last live show I saw Hammersmith Dec 1990
was not too good and let I things slip!  I'd gotten sick of rubbish
compilations too.

I some how failed to hear about new releases and tours and just got
lost....

A gig not too far from home (Hitchin Town Hall, Dec 2001) brought me back.

I have no idea what albums I have missed (other than more compilations) or
what the line-ups have been.

Steve

The information in this message should be regarded as
confidential and is intended for the addressee only unless
explicitly stated. If you have received this message in error
it must be deleted and the sender notified. The views
expressed in this message are personal and not necessarily
those of Hertfordshire County Council unless explicitly
stated. Please be aware that emails sent to or received
from Hertfordshire County Council may be intercepted and
read by the Council. Interception will only occur to ensure
compliance with Council policies or procedures or
regulatory obligations, to prevent or deter crime, or for the
purposes of essential maintenance or support of the email
system.