HW: Sabbaticals

Alan Linsley alankerren at YAHOO.CO.UK
Mon Feb 17 15:16:47 EST 2003

 --- Steve Bayley <steve.bayley at HERTSCC.GOV.UK> wrote:
> I have no idea what albums I have missed (other than
> more compilations) or what the line-ups have been.
>
> Steve

Let's have a go at the line-ups then (& bear in mind
I'm only attempting this so others can correct me):

1990: Brock/House/Bainbridge/Davey/Chadwick/Bridgett
Wishart, until Simon left in the Spring but was
temporarily replaced by a barking dog at Glastonbury
90.

March 91: Steve Bemand/Bainbridge/Davey/Chadwick/
Wishart
...alllegedly coz Brock had had enough!

May 91 unitl end of 1994 : Brock/Davey/Chadwick with
guest appearances from others inc.
Tim Blake May 91 US tour (not sure though)
Bridgett Aug 91 Mildenhall fest
Ron Tree May 92 1 gig on the Tepee tour
2 DJs called Salt Tank Aug 92 at Brixton
Samantha Fox 1993 on Gimme Shelter single
Simon House April 94 tour

April 1995 - Summer 1996: Brock/Davey/Chadwick/Ron
Tree
Jerry Richards put in a couple of guest appearances
July 95 but didn't stay, and I read somewhere that
Crum did a few gigs on the Oct/Nov 95 Alien tour - if
so, not at the gigs I saw.

Athens Nov 96 - Brock/Davey/Chadwick/Tree/Richards

....then Alan left! Noooooooooooooooooo......

1997 - Brock/Davey/Chadwick/Tree(now on bass) with -
Jun 97 - Huw guests at Blackheath
Aug 97 - Nik guests on US gigs inc Strange Daze?
Autumn 97 tour - Capt Rizz guests, and Crum guests
after 1st couple of gigs, and halfway through the tour
Harvey starts doing support slots.

1998 - bugger all

1999 - was this the year Brock & Tree were denied
access to US?  So Rizz, Jerry & Richard did the gig
with Steve Taylor & others from ALien Planetscapes.

5 date tour Nov 1999 -
Brock/House/Chadwick/Tree/Richards
with Harvey joining at 2nd gig
Keith Kniveton on synths at 4th gig
Nik guests for the last time with "normal" HW at 5th
gig.

Feb/Mar 2000 Australian tour -
Brock/House/Bainbridge/Chadwick/Richards/Steve Taylor
on bass (coz the Aussies wouldn't let Ron in)

Hawkestra Oct 2000 (deep breath)
Brock/Bainbridge/House/Chadwick/Tree/Richards
Davey (yeaaay!)/Thompson/Kniveton/
Blake/Turner/Langton/Crimble/
Ollis/DikMik/Dettmar/Lemmy/Swindells/Powell/Slattery/
Griffin...and Samantha bloody Fox again

...oh i've had enough - anyone else like to take over
from here?

AL