HW: Sabbaticals

Mick Crook m.j.crook at TALK21.COM
Mon Feb 17 16:33:26 EST 2003

Steve wrote:
> I've noticed that many Hawkwind fans are into the band for years, then go
>off them completely, sometimes for years or even decades, before returning
>to the fold.  I'd like to ask list members if this applies to them,
>particularly:
>
>1) How many years did you spend away from HW?
>2) When did you leave and when did you come back?
>3) What made you leave?
>3) What made you come back?

I've alway's stayed with the band since 1976, but I must admit the early 80s were the least inspiring from my point of view - IMHO there is only one HW guitarist and to struggle to hear Dave's guitar lost among the wailing heavy metal solos of Huw was almost too much... Then came another golden period in 89 with Dave's Guitar cranked back up and Simon rejoining again!

Mick