HW: Sabbaticals

Mick Crook m.j.crook at TALK21.COM
Wed Feb 19 15:12:22 EST 2003

Nick Wrote:

>I thought the "Calvert replacement" problem was particularly evident at the
>Astoria Xmas party in 2000, (the 'Yule Ritual' gig), when he sang just one
>song of his own (which was left off the album) and was otherwise only
>onstage to sing Calvert numbers. Which he did pretty well, but it felt a
>little like seeing a tribute act.
>
>Nick

I have to disagree on this point at least as regards being onstage. Bob had a unique, theatrical way of performing and moving about on stage. I can't say as I ever saw Ron acting anything like Bob, or sounding like him - at least at the gigs I 've seen him at. I think that although comparisons between Bob and Ron are ineveitable - they are also unfair.

Mick