HW: Sabbaticals

Mark Von Bargen mark.von-bargen at O2.CO.UK
Wed Feb 19 16:01:53 EST 2003

> >>4) What made you come back?
> >
> >Excitement over seeing Nik's band in '94, followed by Hawkwind the next
> >year, with Ron Tree, who got the band out of the trio's "stasis"
condition
> >and made things more exciting to me.
>
> Despite my earlier lukewarm comments on Ron, it's probably true he
> introduced a necessary jolt of energy. In fact I've never really made my
> mind up about him- didn't see HW on the '95 or '97 tours when by all
> accounts he was contributing more.
Gotta say, Ron was fantastic in '95 as an out & out frontman doing his own
thing which incidentally included a few Calvert numbers.
'97's bass role restricted his band fronting activities but the overall
shows were still excellent.

Mark