BOC: How's this set list?

Steven Tice StevenTice at AOL.COM
Fri Feb 21 13:20:54 EST 2003

In a message dated 02/21/2003 3:05:18 AM Eastern Standard Time,
keith.henderson at PSI.CH writes:

> From *memory*?!  You keep this sort of information in
> your brain for 20 years?  Holy crap, I'm impressed.
>
> Oh, yeah, I was at this same show...and only remember
> "I Love the Night" (my favorite BOC song) and Godzilla.
> And the thing with the mirrors on the backs of the guitars.
> I thought that was to D&S, but that isn't listed in the
> setlist here.
>
> I do remember the opening band was Duke Jupiter.
>
> And I do remember freezing to death overnight in line
> for tickets at the PSU HUB, so it was definitely not too
> far off from mid-winter, my freshman year, 1982-83.  I'd
> guess it was something like Mar., 83.
>
> Grakkl (FAA)

Yup, that sounds about right. :-)  They didn't do D&S, nor anything else from
Secret Treaties.  That was the first concert I ever saw, so I remember it
quite clearly. :-)  I didn't remember the name of the opening band, but I do
remember how the guitarist fretted his strings from above rather than below,
and how the keyboardist's idea of a solo was to windmill his arm doing
glisses on the keyboard...I believe the mirrors on the back of the guitar was
during Born to be Wild.  Eric rode a big ol' motorcycle onto the stage at the
beginning of that one. :-)

SET