HW:dusting off the vynil

Steve Youles youless at LVCM.COM
Sun Feb 23 17:56:09 EST 2003

The beginning of Identimate reminds me of Waimea Canyon Drive on Distant
Horizons.  It's a heavy Brock riff, but with a more boogie-ish vibe.  Huw
(I assume) throws in some lead guitar, there's a bit of Dave Brock
knifeblade, some electronica....it doesn't really go anywhere much....

Mists of Meridin is a synth track, lush ambient keyboards working around a
two-chord pattern.  Percussion consists of phased cymbals, bells and a
clock ticking.  It would fit well on Memos & Demos or SpaceBrock.

I read somewhere that Meridin is a village in Derbyshire (?) or somewhere,
that is at the exact geographical centre of England.  What this has to do
with the track I don't know!

Steve

On Sun, 23 Feb 2003 21:59:59 -0000, Captain Bl at ck <starfield at SUPANET.COM>