HW: Sabbaticals

Mark Licht mlicht at CYBERMESA.COM
Mon Feb 24 14:22:59 EST 2003

My answers are similar to Mike Montfort's.

>1) How many years did you spend away from HW?

3 years

>2) When did you leave and when did you come back?

In '89, when I moved to Hawaii, where there were no record stores (and Al
Gore hadn't invented the internet yet) till '92

>3) What made you leave?

I thought they had left me.  When cd's were first coming out and there was
limited production capacity, I figured they'd never make cd's of HW, and the
vinyl bins were filled just with comp's.  I assumed HW had faded away from
the scene.

>4) What made you come back?

While flipping thru a rock encyclopedia at a store, looked up HW and saw the
last line mentioned their latest release "Space Bandits."