OFF: recent CD acquisitions

Amphetamine Embalmer superskrull666 at YAHOO.CO.UK
Mon Feb 24 16:16:29 EST 2003

boc-l,
These are all CD's I've gotten in the last month, a
busy month indeed on the music front for me. I've
added my commentary just a more pleasurable and
informative effect when reading. :) Comments?
Chr.
(King A. Hawkwind Deadhead von Dragonlock)

The Feud - Language Is Technology
(excellent Canterbury style stuff, arty punk rock
instrumentalism, got it from Jerry Kranitz, review
coming up in next # of Aural Innovations)

Gong - Zero To Infinity
(hadn't heard this yet, finally got a CDR copy off a
guy I know from radio, the first track is great so
far)

The Legendary Pink Dots - Live At The Metro
(also a CDR copy off Jon Christian, I've been a fan of
LPD for years and this Polish SPV release captures the
band in fine form)

Arnold Mathes - Amrak
(killer punk synthesizer stuff I got from Jerry
Kranitz, review coming up in next # of Aural
Innovations)

The Moor - Every Pixie Sells A Story
(CDR I got from Jon Christian again, contains an
excellent version of "Angels Of Death" - I saw The
Moor and Nik Turner perform in Hamburg in 1998 with
Scott Heller (and also got to meet his lovely wife
Lani))

The Moor - Flux (w/Nik Turner)
(another CDR copy I got from Jon Christian, because
it's even got Nik Turner guesting on it, this was
their second excellent album)

Moreland Audio - Turbogold
(got it from Jerry Kranitz, review coming up in next #
of Aural Innovations, more arty punk instrumentalism)

Ramones - Anthology
(2CD collection spanning The Ramones career, had to
get this after having dumped all my original Ramones
CD's years ago - stuff like "53rd & 3rd", "Blitkrieg
Bop", "Commando", "Sheena Is A Punk Rocker" and "Pet
Sematary" are punk classics forever!)

Saint Of Killers - Saint Of Killers
(got it from Jerry Kranitz, review coming up in next #
of Aural Innovations, urban jazz metal that sounds
alot like Naked City to me...)

Siemers - Inter Pares
(another one from Jerry, and another review for AI.
Excellent German noise/punk, and a great version of
The Kinks "You Really Got Me" being the lost
soundtrack to millions of moshing dead goths)

Simple Minds - Real To Real Cacophony
(early compilation, produced by John Leckie 1982, had
to get this in the cheapie bin at the post office,
excellent psychedelia in fact reminding me of
Legendary Pink Dots)

V.A. - Way Out North
(CD that came with Norwegian music magazine Mute
featuring Norwegian dub/jazz/arctic, with acts like
Palace Of Pleasure, King Midas, Sternklang, Tøyen,
Rundfunk, Frost and many others. The track by AM and
The UV is particularly worth the CD, being so sexy and
mysteriously appealing)

V.A. - Uncut/David Bowie -"Starman"
(great compilation that came with Uncut with David
Bowie covers, from Blondie, Christian Death, Culture
Club, Black Box Recorder, Duran Duran, Peter Murphy,
and Sigue Sigue Sputnik, The Gourds and many others,
some great versions of classic Bowie tunes, especially
the uplifting Blondie track)