HW: "Breaking The 'Wind" - Mine living Hawkwind Website has moved a little bit

M Holmes fofp at HOLYROOD.ED.AC.UK
Tue Feb 25 13:03:54 EST 2003

=?iso-8859-1?q?Amphetamine=20Embalmer?= writes:

> Do you think my less
> than perfect english expression tarnishes my Norwegian
> heritage? Are you english so snobs with your language
> you don't accept anything but Shakespearian poetry?

As it happens, Shakespeare (if he really wrote Shakespeare) couldn't
spell. Anyway, you're entitled to your say. You're even as entitled to
the rest of us to be on topic. You're even entitled if you really are a
Nazi. I daresay Nazis can be Hawkwind fans too when they're not too busy
invading Poland.

My beef isn't with bad English usage. I'm sure your English beats my
Norwegian. It's with the stream-of-conciousness mode of expression.
Most people didn't even like it from Mike C, and he's way more popular
than you are.

My solution generally is to treat SoC bullshit the same way I do
articles wrapped in HTML tags: ignore them by deletion.

Basically I'd say if you want to contribute, you don't need perfect
English, but you do need to bother to express yourself a little more
clearly.

FoFP