Once again music gets the blame

M Holmes fofp at HOLYROOD.ED.AC.UK
Wed Jan 8 11:54:47 EST 2003

Cpt Blue Skin writes:

> I like that idea.  Everyone should be trained to use weapons properly
> - have a weapon and the ammunition for self defense if it is ever
> needed.  It wouldn't hurt for people to have a graphic depiction of
> the damage these weapons actually cause.  Most people dont realise
> that a simple leg wound or arm wound can be just as fatal as a head or
> chest wound.  and its amazing to discover how ignorant most people are
> about guns and gunshot wounds.

It certainly couldn't hurt for Hollywood to get realistic on street gun
use in the way that Band of Brothers got for the effects of warfare.

Better still, they could have the hero use logic and reasonable
discussion to solve problems. Of course it'd me much harder to write
drama based on this than on a shootout and the evidence is against IQ
exceeding shoe size there, so I'm not holding my breath on that one
either.

FoFP