Administrative Announcement from the Owner and Co-Mods of Neo-Quark

Mike Montfort mikemont at NYCAP.RR.COM
Thu Jan 9 08:03:47 EST 2003

>From the owner and mods of the Neo-Quark Group:

As you all know by now Hawkwind has formally requested via the Mission
Control page that all of us stop the recording and trading of Hawkwind live
shows.

As fans of Hawkwind and after much discussion between us we have decided to
support this request.

Henceforth please refrain from offering trades, trees, chains and weeds of
Hawkwind material.

For reasons yet unexplained Hawkwind has decided that trading is not in
their best interest.  Although we disagree wholeheartedly with this
sentiment we will abide by the bands' request.

We would like this group to continue as a "blanga" or Spacerock trading
group.  There are still many groups out there, some of which are Hawkwind ex
members, whom support recording and trading as a way of getting their music
out to their fans.

If you as a member of Neo-Quark do not feel that you can support this
decision, we encourage you to unsubscribe to this group.  Although we cannot
stop private trading we will condone no public Hawkwind trading on this
forum.

We sincerely hope that you will remain a member of Neo-Quark and continue to
trade the fantastic SpaceRock and related bands that are still out there.

Best regards

Mike Montfort

signed by:

Bryan
owner

Mike
Bernhard
Stephe
co-mods

And many other contributors.

A censor is a man who knows more than he thinks you ought to.

            -- Granville Hicks