OFF: Farflung 1st classic CD

Henderson Keith keith.henderson at PSI.CH
Sun Jan 12 13:35:00 EST 2003

GG asks...

> > available here...
>
> http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=1572&it
> em=2500386887
>
> ??? what kind of CD is it?? I've never heard about it!

It's a Space Rock CD.  By Farflung, perhaps the premiere space rock band of
the US, though nowadays they've apparently have had to leave their
space-rocking daze behind them in order to have enough money to eat, given
that space-rock doesn't sell quite as well as the 'trance-rock' they're
doing as Anubian Lights (in conjunction with Nik Turner).

And this ("25K ft/sec") is their first, and best IMHO (though all of their
stuff is good, up to and including their swan-song, 2002's "Nine-Pin Body"),
and being OOP and quite old now it's becoming harder to find.  I recommend
it wholeheartedly, especially if you've never heard their music before.

Grakkl (FAA)