off: joe b.

Brian Halligan blackblade at BHALLIGAN.COM
Thu Jan 16 12:14:28 EST 2003

Theo wrote:

> What kind of joint is Milestones?  Don't think I can make it tonight, given
> the freakin'
> snow we've been getting and all...

Milestones is the best bar venue in Rochester. It can hold a couple hundred
people. Big stage (for a bar), good beer, professional sound, though it's a
little too loud sometimes, and an outdoor patio for those months when it's
not snowing a mountain on our heads. For some bands they leave tables in
front of the stage, but most of the time they clear the area to pack the
most people in as possible.

I guess the best thing to say about the place is that bands keep coming back
there year after year. I've seen John Brown's Body (reggae), Danu (Trad.
Irish) Project/Object (Zappa tribute band with Ike Willis) and now Joe
Bonamassa there multiple times. I always thought it would be great if the
Brain Surgeons could play there, but I don't know what the logistics behind
that would be.

Brian