other bands

Amphetamine Embalmer superskrull666 at YAHOO.CO.UK
Thu Jan 16 15:17:05 EST 2003

Great thread. Mine, not limiting to 10:

Kingston Wall (I agree with Scott Heller on this band.
Where is Carl Edlund Anderson when you need him?)

Third World War (their first album from 1971,
terrorism tributing the last skinhead of the
1960's...)

Entombed ("Clandestine" and "Morning Star" albums)

Venom ("A Thousand Days In Sodom" has to be my fave
treatsie on 60's skinhead)

Tiamat ("The Astral Sleep" and "Skeleton Skeletron"
are my fave albums by Edlund and Co.)

Metallica (esp. "Master of Puppets" and "Sanitarium"
off MoP when smoking hash)

Voïvod (just got a bunch of live CDR boots from a guy
in France, Voïvod are the stuff of legend)

The Mooseheart Faith Stellar Groove Band (fave albums
are "Golden Light", "Global Brain" and "Cosmic
Dialogues", fantastic psych/folk)

13th Floor Elevators (I enjoy their three albums
immensely, and find "Bull Of The Woods" to be rather
underrated)

The Legendary Pink Dots ("Faces In The Fire" and
"Asylum" are two favorites, as well as parts of "From
Here You'll Watch The World Go By" and "Legendary Pink
Box")

MC5 ("Back In The USA" - Ron Tyner was a hero after
all, and this was the skinhead album bar none and a
classic in the Marines...)

Chr.