OFF: Other Bands - Guilty pleasures

Roger roger.wynne-jones at VIRGIN.NET
Sat Jan 18 15:35:28 EST 2003

Definitely The Sweet saw them live at Southampton, the Gaumont I think, in
the seventies.....brilliant!
Also:
Sparks
Roxy Music
and I, er...... also quite liked Middle of the Road, You know Chirpy Chirpy
Cheep Cheep and Wheres your Momma gone?

however, now playing on the stereo is my pristine vinyl copy of Mountain
Live.
Nantucket Sleighride........whole of one side.
Excellent Dudes

Roger

----- Original Message -----
From: "William Duffy" <xl5 at IINET.NET.AU>
To: <BOC-L at LISTSERV.SPC.EDU>
Sent: Saturday, January 18, 2003 6:21 PM
Subject: Re: OFF: Other Bands - Guilty pleasures

: Now, how about a list of some artits that you like, but are afraid to
admit
: it to some people. There's not too many that springs to my mind at the
: moment, but I'll give it a try:-
:
: The Glitterband (but not Gary!)
: The Sweet (but now their music has come a long way since Funny Funny, so
it
: is safe to mention them now)
: Abba (didn't like all their music, but there was some interesting bits on
: their ealy albums. A track called Eagle springs to mind)
: The Buggles (safe since they became part of Yes)
: Graham Bonnet (safe since he joined Rainbow)
: The Goodies (basically a comedy TV series, but they made a fantastic album
: called Nothing To Do With Us!!!)
:
: I'll think of more eventually.
: