OFF: Other Bands - Guilty pleasures

Mark Von Bargen mark.von-bargen at O2.CO.UK
Sat Jan 18 18:13:05 EST 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "William Duffy" [snip a bit]
> The Buggles (safe since they became part of Yes)
[snip a bit more]
yeah,  there used to be a great game for winding up Yes fans.
get them talking and bring the topic round to 'what do you reckon was Yes'
best ever song'.
let them have half an hour to do their overblown piece about one song or
another. Wait for that strategic two second gap and then get in there.
'Actually, I've always thought the best Yes song ever was......... Video
Killed the Radio Star.
Then leg it before they sussed the wind up.
It was a great time being a Hawkwind fan as a teenager. used to wind up the
Genesis/Yes/Wakeman bunch something wicked.
Those were the days:
Hawkwind, Clash, Specials, Early Madness, Pistols, Motorhead, Ramones,
Floyd - remember, this was Liverpool where I grew up.
Years later it seemed almost unreal seeing HW in a top ten alongside such
prog greats. Stiil, it got them on telly for a few minutes.

Mark