OFF: Other Bands - Guilty pleasures

Mike Montfort mikemont at NYCAP.RR.COM
Sun Jan 19 17:24:42 EST 2003

Funny most of the "guilty pleasures" listed I proudly proclaim to be a fan
of.

For starters I came to Hawkwind from Prog not Metal.. so I think Yes, ELP,
etc are amazing.

And no you can't wind me up over the Buggles.  I was a DJ in Los Angeles in
the early 80's when "new wave" started and there were a ton of great bands
that have stood the test of time musically. I liked the Buggles before they
met up with Yes for the Drama album.  I even saw the Buggles meets Yes
tour.

I loved the Glam/Glitter bands of the 70's and 80's like Queen, Sweet, Kiss
etc so I don't feel guilty about those either

Ok so then my guilty pleasures:

Dan Fogleberg.  My wife is into Fogleberg.  I saw him live a few years ago
and he was touring with a very hard rocking band. Great show.

Nancy Griffith.

Spice Girls first CD.

As a youth I liked the Bay City Rollers and Abba.

Neil Diamond.

Moody Blues.

I loved Styx at the time but except for the first four albums they don't
stand up to the test of time.

I loved Tears for Fears when they came out. Still do.

America

Will Smith

3rd Bass.

Sade

Sting.

Ok I won't make anymore of you Ill.

The fact is that although Hawkwind consistently lives at the tip top of my
loved bands. That my NYS Plates say HWKWND, that like everyone else on this
list I own every single "official" Hawkwind release..

.. I still have a very eclectic and wide range of music tastes.

MM

If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can
solve them.

-- Isaac Asimov