OFF: Other bands

Ben Fagin vulcanfoundry at BLUEYONDER.CO.UK
Mon Jan 20 03:35:46 EST 2003

Yeah, top notch! we used to see them in the 80s and they were superb. used to
blow everyone away. German bands really have it sussed. I used to like Kiss &
Van Halen but after Donington 1987 where I met Lemmy on the way I had a
revelation that all music is bollocks apart from Hawkwind, we had a chat and
I said "are you going to Hawkwind tommorrow" he didnt answer but shook my
hand and walked off to his car. the next day I got back to London and Acid
Daze blew me away, Silver machine was incredible! I swapped all the other
records i had for hawkwind and motorhead and got my hair cut.

I used to hate Motley Crue and Ratt but "Lay it Down" is an ok song, though I
dont think they wrote it. Sorry, but I dont think any US Metal bands "have
it" especially Kiss which is commercial tripe.

"Shake you heads and fill your heart with.....

Accept
Scorpions
MSG
Saxon