OFF: Other Bands - Guilty pleasures

William Duffy xl5 at IINET.NET.AU
Mon Jan 20 21:29:19 EST 2003

I also have a collection of singles, albums, DVDs, etc., by these same
artists, though I don't regard them as guilty pleasures as such. I actually
got into Hawkwind because of  the Moody Blues, as I just loved the sound of
the mellotron, so I started hunting for others that used it too. As soon as
I heard the opening to Warrior on the Edge of Time, I was hooked.
My introduction to BJH was through an album titled Eye of Wendor, by the
Mandalaband, which was a concept album featuring members of various bands,
including BJH, 10CC (who I liked up to the point Godley & Creme left), The
Moody Blues & Steeleye Span (who I also quite liked).

I also just happen to have in my collection recordings by Mud, The Rubettes,
& Showaddywaddy. I haven't listened to them for years though.

William