guilty pleasures

Henderson Keith keith.henderson at PSI.CH
Tue Jan 21 11:41:45 EST 2003

BM suggests...

> My definition:
> Music you know is "Bad", but love anyway.
>
> Angel
> Uriah Heep
> The Godz (Michigan; 2 late 70's lps on Casablanca)

I thought they were from Ohio.  I think I even saw
them in a small club in Youngstown when I was but
a teenager, and 18 was still the drinking age there.

But then, wasn't there another band called the Gods/Godz
that were actually related to the band listed just
above?  Kerslake and such?  They would then of course
have been English, eh?  Well, not such a big deal
in any case.

Grakkl (FAA), who with this definition can only talk
(again) about Blondie's "Heart of Glass" (and maybe Ohio
Express from when I was just a tiny creature, but then for
the latter I would hardly say I continue to 'love' such
drivel), because I don't really know that 10,000 Maniacs
are "Bad" (because the songs that I *know* are "Bad" I hate
just as much as the rest of you) and because Komeda, who
sound like Abba mixed with Can, aren't "Bad" either despite
their copious sugar-coating.

P.S.  That Madonna song from the 2nd (or was it the 3rd
already?) Austin Powers movie was fairly interesting I
thought...but then I only heard it two or three times by
chance and so it hardly was very popular, as compared to
the Ray of Light thingy (not awful) and the new Bond theme
(horrid).

P.P.S.  I always thought a death-metal band should cover
Stacey Q's "Two of Hearts"...but then Type O Negative went
and did Seals & Crofts' "Summer Breeze" so that kinda made
that M.O. a done deal already....