OFF: Other Bands - Guilty pleasures

DRider Hawkwind at ATTBI.COM
Tue Jan 21 19:18:32 EST 2003

Wow Mike......
You have alot to feel guilty about....")

While I say that I came to HW via Motorhead, I was a big Prog freak as a
kid, as well......

Way back when, Yes and ELP were 2 of my favorites....

In fact, in 1984 when I bought my first CD player and the first batch of
CD's, I got the Yes Album and Brain Salad Surgery........

I even got put in jail for disturbing the peace when I borrowed a new (at
the time) Harmon Kardon 100 watt integrated amp and blasted Close To The
Edge.......

I have to say though....

I never liked the Buggles. I hated the Video Killed The Radio Star song and
I thought that the addition of Buggles to Yes was the beginning of the end
for them. Dram had some high points, but after that....

Of course, it's my understanding that Chris Squire wanted to take the band
off to the pop realm. So there ya go......

Peace,