BRAIN: Beach Party

albert bouchard ir004728 at MINDSPRING.COM
Tue Jan 21 22:55:29 EST 2003

On 1/21/03 8:39 AM, "John Swartz" <jswartz at MITRE.ORG> wrote:

> 1.  Is "Medusa" substantially re-worked from the *Trepanation* version?

I think so. It is almost identical to the version we played last summer.

> 2.  Is "Frankenstein" a re-working of the Imaginos song?  Don't suppose
> Mr. Cerisano is guesting on vocals?

Frankenstein is the song from Imaginos "The Siege and Investiture of Baron
Von Frankenstein's Castle at Vasseria". As are most of the tunes it's just
the tBS trio. It is similar to the version we played last summer but we got
to tweak the background vocals a little.

> 3.  Is "Pissin' Away The Summer" a Joe Bouchard tune from years gone
> by?  I have a recording of something labelled "Back Room Blues" (I think
> that was the title) from the (I belive) early 80s with Joe singing and I
> remember the last line of the chorus being "...just pissin' away the
> summer, trying to forget you.

It is indeed that same tune. Our version is very similar to the demo abet
sounding more in the spirit of the song. Joe also has a version that is
substantially updated (sounding great) and will appear on the new Joe
Bouchard album.

> 4.  Are any of the other songs (besides the obvious acoustic numbers)
> former songs demoed in one form or another during BOC album sessions?

"Krakatoa" originally began life as a demo for BOC. "Naked" it the Moby
Grape tune. "Whatever Works" is a song by my brother Jim and is on his Toots
Rambles CD. The other 3 songs are brand new.

We finished another 13 songs that we left off the record because I think
(after Piece of Work) that a CD should not be much longer than 50 minutes.
Maybe we'll have to put something else out in the fall.