HW: Not of this Earth 3-CD

Miikka Wagner micci at SCI.FI
Thu Jan 23 05:06:58 EST 2003

Hi!

At 09:39 23.1.2003 +0100, you wrote:
>Hi Folks...
>I just picked up this box-set thingy that had been long in the works from
>the Black Widow folx in Italy.  This is the followup to the Horror Film
>tribute compilation they did several years ago (which I've never
>heard...what/who is on that one anyway?),

Bands are: DeathSS, Tenebre, Northwinds, Malobra, Al Feste, Wounded Knee,
Presence, Iconae, Akron, Standarte, Sun Dial, A Piedi Nudi, God.Zilla,
Humus, Ars Nova, Lingam, Helden Rune, Claudio Simonetti, Morte Macabre, The
Black, Il Segno Del Comando, Bevis Frond ( Song isDeath of Night),
Somnambulist, Abiogenesi, Una Stagione All inferno, Nekropolis, Mottorismus

>  Sethian, from Finland,
>is another cool stoner-like band that I've never heard of
>previously...familiar to anyone here?

? Never heard. I look if I can get more info.

>The package is nicely done....fold-out double-height wallet-thing.  There's
>a CD-sized booklet of information about the bands/tracks/movies that's
>sealed into the place where the 4th digipak tray *would* have been had there
>been four discs.  And then there's a bigger booklet sealed into the center
>spine (so it's "double-height" also) that has articles, art reproductions
>and a whole Prisoner guide section, everything in both Italian and English.
>It looks nice too, but haven't had time to read any of it.  From the other
>text bits, the usual heap of misspellings and other typos are rampant (what
>else is new?), and I wonder how well the translation is done in the writings
>themselves.  They spent several years on this, you'd think they could get
>most of it edited properly, but hey...
>
>My initial impression is that it's uniformly 'good' and really everyone
>should have one, but I only heard a few things that made me suddenly get
>excited.  In any case, I suspect it's a lot better than if Cleopatra had run
>the thing, although that would have had six or seven tracks by the
>Farflung/P-hed contingent.  :)  And Alien Planetscapes too, another obvious
>omission here.  I would have preferred to have the booklets be loose and
>more easily perusable without having to deal with the whole package at once,
>but anyway...
>Be seeing you...Grakkl (FAA)

I have vinyl version, which is beautiful too. Book is vinyl size, so it´s
must be bigger than cd version?!