OFF: Other Bands - Guilty pleasures

Mark Von Bargen mark.von-bargen at O2.CO.UK
Thu Jan 23 18:47:31 EST 2003

As i tripped along through my nearly teenage years, Chicory Tip was one of
many bands that i bought - 'tho my budget was restricted to singles back
then - Hawkwind arrived in my life sometime in 1976 at the age of 13.

Other 70's icons (for the nearly teenage me anyway) Slade
Wizzard
Sweet
Rubettes

Later, there were also good vibes with:
Earth Wind and Fire
Parliament
Funkadelic
I'm surprised that nobody else has drawn across a reference to the Space
Rock disco branch. Some of their stuff was really far out there - especially
the live work.

The one that I should really feel mega guilty about though is ELO - Electric
Light Orchestra - the guilt being attributed to the 'post Roy Wood' years.
Hell,! they even credited an 'orchestral arranger' on their albums - Louis
Clarke IIRC.
Thats my guilt trip out the bag.Soomewhere in me ma&pa's house there's a
blue vinyl copy of Out of the Blue.

Mark