OFF: decent US Metal bands

Brian Halligan blackblade at BHALLIGAN.COM
Fri Jan 24 09:13:48 EST 2003

Tom Clark wrote:

> Aerosmith "Rocks" is a classic.....Toys In the Attic rocks!

I found out about Aerosmith from the Permanent Vacation album backward and I
remember thinking, after hearing the song Toys In the Attic, "these are the
same guys who did 'Angel?' What happened?!?" For me, Toys is still near and
dear.

Back on the metal track, VH1 had the Top 40 Hair Band countdown last night.
I managed to catch WASP, Europe, Brittany Fox, The Scorpions and KISS (post
make-up). It inspired me as I left to pop Van Halen's 5150 album into my car
CD player. It was the first album I ever owned (originally on cassette) and
it eventually led me through winding paths to BOC, HW and all my current
favorites. So in my biased opinion, as far as US metal/hard rock bands go,
VH is tops.

"Hello baby!"
Brian
obMetalSong> "Get Up" Van Halen 5150