OFF: decent US Metal bands

DRider Hawkwind at ATTBI.COM
Fri Jan 24 14:25:16 EST 2003

Never been into meeting band members, celebrities etc....

However, I have met a few. The most memorable would be meeting all the
members of Iron Maiden on the Beast On The Road tour when they came to
Buzzards Nest Records in Columbus, Ohio to sign autographs before the
show......
It was also cool to meet the members of UFO on the 1995 American Tour. They
were all very very cool. Schenker had his own camper w/ his wife and kids
and the rest of the band had their own tour bus. They actually invited me
and my friend John into the bus to sign autographs after the public signing
and they were crankin Humble Pie's Rockin The Fillmore on the stereo....

Never met the Metallica boys, but I will trust your opinion. My friend Paul
Resnik went backstage when Metallica played Richfield Coliseum and told me
that they were doing mounds of coke. So that verifies what you say.....

When he told me that, it seemed weird knowing the lyrics to Master of
Puppets. Maybe, those lyrics are some sort of self-loathing......?

I saw them on every tour, up to and including And Justice For All and I
thought they were great live.

Meeting them may have proven to be a disappointment......

In August of 1997 when Hawkwind played the Phantasy Theater in Cleveland,
Ron Tree asked me if I had any coke. That REALLY disappointed me!!

Total Eclipse