Off: the Godz

Doug Pearson jasret at MINDSPRING.COM
Fri Jan 24 14:35:10 EST 2003

On Fri, 24 Jan 2003 14:02:00 -0500, DRider <Hawkwind at ATTBI.COM> wrote:
>even still - Casablanca would not be considered a major label, right?
>
>certainly not in the same league as say A&M - right Bob?

Casablanca was financed and distributed by Polydor, so it was definitely a
major label.  And that would have been at the time when Casablanca artists
Kiss, Donna Summer, and the Village People were going multiplatinum with
every release (and others, like Parliament, weren't doing too shabbily,
either, with their "Mothership" stage setup and all).  (I'm not sure when
A&M was bought out, but I think it would have been around that time - late
70s.)

    -Doug
     jasret at mindspring.com