Off: the Godz

DRider Hawkwind at ATTBI.COM
Fri Jan 24 18:26:58 EST 2003

Polydor's parent company was actually Polygram - right?

Was Casablanca - Bill Aucoin's (sp?) label?

Casablanca did go belly up though, correct?

Financed and distributed..... I am not a business guy....

But doesn't that mean Casablanca was a small independent label that got
backed by the major label (Polygram).......?

This would have been because Polygram knew Casablanca had a money making
band on their hands, right?

Mercury was/is a subsidiary of Polygram. I am sure of that. Isn't there a
difference between an independent label being backed by a major and a major
having subsidiaries?

I know that Kiss went from Casablanca to Mercury when Creatures Of The Night
came out.....

Same label basically??

IMHO, Mercury were some of the worst pressed records ever! Lot's of surface
noise. I was so happy when Lovedrive and Animal Magnetism came out on CD to
finally get a clean sounding recording.

Polydor was better than Mercury when it came to pressing. If I remember
right, the old Mahogany Rush records are Polydor. My Mahogany Rush Live is
definitely 200 grams or more of thick vinyl....

Peace,