silicon gulch

Jill Strobridge jill at THETA-ORIONIS.FREESERVE.CO.UK
Tue Jan 28 17:51:34 EST 2003

The printed programme lists the first performance as:  Tuesday 28th
April, 1981 at Theatrespace, London WC2.    However the audio tape is
dated Charing Cross 01 05 81 (which being British makes it 1st May!).
Given the amount of work that was put into the production there were
very likely two performances (?at least?).  Is The Spirit of the Page
website still around - the person in charge of that will know.   He was
also talking about re-staging this show but I don't know what became of
that plan.

For anyone interested who doesn't have a copy here's the Introductory
page of the Programme:
"THE KID FROM SILICON GULCH.  An electronic musical.    Will Brad Spark,
private eye of the cybernetic age, solve the mystery of the murdering
micros?   Book, lyrics and music by Robert Calvert.   Additional music
by Dave Brock.    BRAD SPARK - Robert Calvert  SERGEANT KARELLI - Peter
Pavli  COUNTESS/HOOD - Jill Riches  COMPUTER VOICES - Glen Swanborough,
Jill Riches, Peter Pavli, Robert Calvert.    Design - Larry Smart.
Technics - Jonathan Smeeton.   Tape realization - Robert Calvert and
Peter Pavli.  Stage management - Anna Roberts.  Directed by Glen
Swanborough."

There's also a brief biog for each of the cast members and lyrics for
the songs performed during the show.

cheers
jill
Jill Strobridge <jill at theta-orionis.freeserve.co.uk>